Thursday, April 4, 2013

Granola recipe

I love granola. But the granola that I got from grocery stores is always too sweet. I tried out several granola recipes that I found online, this is the recipe I like the most. It is easy to do and it smells really good. I reduced the sugar from original recipe by half. So it is not too sweet.

Ingredients:
2 egg
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup toasted oat
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup toasted pecans
1/4 cup sliced almond nut
1/4 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/4 cup toasted sesame seed
1 tablespoon all purpose flour

Direction:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toast oat, pecan nuts, almond nuts, sesame seed and coconut flakes separately till fragrant.
3. In a large bowl, whisk egg. brown sugar, oil, salt and vanilla extract. Stir in toasted oats, dried cranberries, sesame seeds, nuts and flour.
4. spread in prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool and cut into bars.

you can substitute or add more nuts based on your preference.

Before baking.

after baking

No comments:

Post a Comment