Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fun conversations with my son

My son is talking more and more each days. He is learning a lot of new words and can talk to us in full sentences instead of just words. We talk to him in Mandarin at home and he is using English in day care. So he learnt a lot of English words and always surprise us with those new words he learnt. Recently he is using the following sentences that he learnt in day care:
"Mummy, I need help!"
"What are you doing mummy?"
"What's going on?"
"Is not working!"
"Come on mummy!"
"Let's go mummy!"
"Wake up"
"Bless you"

Since he started to talk more, he also started to negotiate with us. My son loves bus for some reasons. He will be very excited and happy if he sees a bus on the way to day care. So every morning, we will look out for him for school bus and point to him whenever we see one.
There is a kid tv program named wheels on the bus in Netflix which my son loves so much. He wants to watch it at least one time each day. So last weekend, he told me that he wanted to watch that movie:
ZaiZai   : "Mummy, I want to watch Wheels on the bus".
Mummy: "Okay, only one time."
ZaiZai   : "No, three times.".
Mummy : "No, only one.".
ZaiZai started to cry without tears: "I want three times, mummy".
Mummy: "No, only one. if you want three times, mummy is not going to turn on the TV".
ZaiZai continue to cry and after seeing me not moving, he said: "Okay, only one".
Mummy smiled (thinking that I won). I started to turn on TV and before I started the show, I asked my son again: "only one, right?".
He gave me a cunning smile and said: "No, three times". (Sweat!)

I sent ZaiZai to day care every morning since I am on leave now and Chun can directlly go to office. My son started to ask me why daddy didn't follow us to day care. I told him that daddy needs to go office to work. My son doesn't understand what office is and he was thinking that it must e a fun place that he can't go.
So he started to tell that he doesn't want to go day care and wants to go office instead. Today on the way to day care, my son said me: "Mummy, why daddy goes office everyday? I don't want to go day care. I want to go office, daddy goes day care". :)

This morning when we were having pancake for breakfast, my son's hand was full maple syrup. so I told my son:
Mummy: "Your hands so dirty. Who is this dirty little guy?"
He used to admit said ZaiZai is dirty little guy. but guessed what he replied me this morning: "Mummy is dirty little guy".
Me and Chun can't stop laughing.
I asked him again:" What about daddy?"
ZaiZai: "Daddy is dirty little guy".
Mummy: How about Zai Zai?"
ZaiZai smiled and said: "ZaiZai eats pancake." Smart huh!
Playing with daddy wireless headphone.




No comments:

Post a Comment