Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Japanese Cotton Cheesecake

This is my forth week out of work. I felt great and enjoying myself very much! Taking a long break from work is different compare to just taking a few weeks of vacation when you know that there will be work piling up for you after you vacation. But I don't have to worry about this work. No one will wait for 6 months for me to come back and finish the work.

Since I am at home now, I picked up responsibilities to send my son to day care and pick him in the evening, cleaning up house, doing laundry, cooking, washing dishes, bath my son, putting my son to bed etc. Sounds busy huh! My hubby was very satisfied and happy since he no longer needs to help to do these tasks now and he can relax after work.

Last weekend before he went to bed, he told me that he is craving for some desserts like chiffon cake or cheese cake. Guess what, the next day when he back from work, he got what he asked for - Japanese cotton cheesecake which is a cheese cake that has the texture of a sponge cake. It is light and soft. Both my son and hubby love it.

I got to know this recipe from my friend Yen Ping. Here is the recipe that I used from http://www.dianasdesserts.com :

130g fine granulated sugar
5 egg whites
5 egg yolks
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
45g butter
8 oz. cream cheese
100 ml/3 fluid oz. fresh milk
1 tbsp. lemon juice
60g/2 oz. cake flour /superfine flour
20g/1 oz. cornflour (cornstarch)
1/4 tsp salt

Instructions:
1. Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture. Fold in the cake flour, cornflour, egg yolks, lemon juice and mix well.

2. Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.

3. Divide the egg white into 3-4 portion and add the cheese mixture one portion at a time. Mix well before adding the next portion of egg white. Pour into a 8-inch round cake pan.

4. Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C (325 degrees F). 


No comments:

Post a Comment