Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Oatmeal coconut pecan cookies

I usually prepared some healthy snacks at home for my son and hubby. Both of them sometimes will need to snack before bedtime. Instead of eating crackers, I thought homemade snack probably more healthy. So far I did granola and biscotti. I usually kept them in a jar which only lasted for 3-5 days before my hubby and son finished them. 

Another snack idea I have in mind is oatmeal cookies. I have not bake this for a while. I think the last time I baked it was when my son was few months old. The reason is I was the only one like this oatmeal cookies. Chun thought that this cookies is too dry.

I decided to try again today but add a different ingredient such as coconut in it. I toasted the shredded coconut so it will be more aromatic. Chun came back for lunch and tried this fresh from oven cookies and he loves it! Let see how long this snack gonna last.

Ingredients:
1 cup or 2 sticks of butter, melted.
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of granulated sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
 2 cups of old fashioned oats
1 cup of toasted shredded coconut
1/2 cup of pecan nuts

Methods:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degress.
2. Melt the butter and place it in large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix till well combined.
3. Add in flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and shredded coconut. Stir until blended. Stir in oat and pecan nuts.
4. Use a spoon to drop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake till golden brown. It takes about 15-20 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment